Sue Chef Signing In



Hello fellow readers, I'm Hui Herng, the Intern who joined Muhendaran Sri in January 2021. You might be wondering why am I addressing myself as Sue Chef (sous-chef). It is just an alias given by my boss Mr Muhendaran as he has trouble remembering my name haha! 

The last two months were fruitful as I was able to learn a lot from the firm.  Rather than just doing the typical research and photocopy tasks, I was allowed to deal with a lot of legal matters, such as written submissions and witness statement. I will not lie, these tasks are challenging and often overwhelming. Yet I do understand these were just a part of the process of learning, as I learned something new every time I received feedback on my work. Not to mention the sense of achievement whenever my hard work was approved by my bosses. Besides that, I was also taught the importance of administrative works and I have realised that is very important IF one day I decided to open up my own firm. Moreover, a few wise words and life lesson was also shared to me throughout the internship (and a few drinking sessions), and I believe these lessons would not only make me a good lawyer, but also a better person in future. 

Although we are in the midst of a pandemic, I was lucky enough to attend a few hearings at the industrial court during the last two weeks of my internship. I was delighted to see how hearings are being conducted and the art of giving an oral submission. Unfortunately, I was not able to see any cross-examinations before my internship ends, but I have definitely gotten a substantial amount of court exposure. Furthermore, I have also attended a couple of meetings with clients, and I can guarantee you it is not as easy as it seemed, as you carry a great responsibility of giving accurate advice and suggestions. At the same time, it is also important to "control" the client so relevant information could be obtained to help strengthen their case. These are something that I will never be able to experience in Law school, hence I am grateful for having the opportunities to attend all these hearings and meetings.

Last but not least, the working environment of the firm is superb. Everyone from the firm is very helpful, and they would always assist me when I face any difficulties while I am executing my tasks. I did learn a lot from them, especially from my supervisor Wan Loo, as she has shared a generous amount of her knowledge with me, and always ensuring me to experience the legal work and matter. Hence, I am very thankful for all the help I have received from everyone at the firm! Also, Mr Muhendaran and Ms Sri are very down to earth, most of the time everyone from the firm would have our lunch together and instead of being just colleagues, we are more like a big family. I had a lot of fun throughout these 2 months and I have definitely created some great memories here. 

Finally, we have come to the end of my post, and I can't wait to see everyone shortly! 

Sue Chef signing out. 

Comments

Popular Posts