I learnt how to SWIM!


OH YEAH!  After a hiatus of almost four years, I am BACK!

Let's do a recap on the last four years.

Things that have happened in our country:
1) The allegation of an increase in coruption
2) The sudden increase in crimes against children (extremely saddening)
3) I've been wondering where our prime minister is...
4) The mystery behind Masih Hilang 370
5) And the others that have gone missing (you should know la what I'm talking about)
* I'm also accepting a donation of  ringgit malaysia 2.60 from any foreigners
6) Bad boy Anwar Ibrahim
7) Water Water Water- we either have way too much or none at all
8) MACC
9) Police brutality
10) The oil price tumble
11) GST!!
12) Judges can live forever- Federal Court
13) The Teoh Beng Hock saga
14) Discrimination against Malaysian-Indians
15) BERSIH!
16) Government handouts
17) The mass graves in Kedah
18) Malaysian football
19) Bank Negara Forex Saga
20) Finally, it snowed in Ipoh!
(haha, caught you there!)

There are many more but unfortunately I've forgotten them, but I will update you guys if I remember them.

On a more personal note:
1) In 2015, my all -time favourite associate, Jayashree, decided to quit legal practice
2) I lost one of my dogs in 2016 but was compensated by her sister with her litter of three.
3) After 17 years of having our chambers in Jalan Bangsar, we moved in mid-March 2017 to Kampung Attap.
* Our new office was descibed by my wife in an earlier blogpost
4) We have a new legal associate called Chong Wan Loo (she's from Triang-only god knows where that is)
5) On a very personal note, I was appointed as the Assistant of the Honorary Secretary of the Malaysian Hockey Foundation in January 2016.
6) I was promoted to Honorary Secretary of the Malaysian Hockey Foundation in July 2016
7)In May 2017, I was also appointed as a member of the Board of Trustees of the Malaysian Hockey Foundation.
8)In February 2017, I was re-elected as the Kuala Lumpur Bar Committee member and pursuent to this, I was also elected as the Honorary Secretary of the Kuala Lumpur Bar Committee.
9)I was also invited to participate in the Industrial Court Consultative Committee;
  * The above are the additional responsibilities i have undertaken apart from the other positions that I still hold in the Bar Council and the Malaysian Indian Business Corporative Society.
10) I have qualified as a Sports Arbitrator.
11)Oh, by the way, I have obtained a Sailing Crew Liscense but I have not been allowed to buy a Sailing Boat until I become a GREAT swimmer. Thus far, I am able to sink in the pool better than I  can swim.

I need to stop blowing my own trumpet.

I am grateful to God for keeping me alive, in one piece, sane and healthy.

Looking forward to rebuild the firm and to create an afformidable team of lawyers in the firm and hopefully, one day, a few of them, or at least one of them, can take over from me.

On another note, our 2018 team consists of:
Adrina Meor Saarani (our all-rounder), Ponnie Govindasamy (pupil in chambers) and Chong Wan Loo (Legal Associate).

I learnt how to swim the last four years, with a slowdown in business, the fact that my all-time favourite associate left and the difficulty of finding the right legal associate (hopefully Wan Loo can fullfill this).

I'm stopping here because I have to walk my abundance of dogs.

Oh, by the way, from not having a room, I've graduated, and now am co-sharing a room with Gitanjali Muhendaran. It's called The Lions' Lair.
                                                           Here's a picture of our door:
                                                      It's the one with Darth Vader on it
                                        

Comments

Anonymous said…
Such a wonderful boss!!!
Lina Tan said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular Posts