The Firm (Part 2)

The Firm has had many staff - clerical staff, pupils in chambers, attachment staff and legal assistants, but only one managing partner. I don't intend to write about them individually, except to say, thank you for working with us.

However, I need to mention one of my chambering students, Pramodini Menon, who was old enough to be my aunty, when she did her pupillage under me. Today, I'm very proud that she, as a member of the Bar,  is doing  a great service, especially to children  and women in need. I am proud to have been her master.

I would also like to recognise my first staff, a Malay gentleman by the name of Hairol, who joined in 2002, and worked with us for a year. Everyday, I remember him whenever, I see the Ramli-Ibrahim portrait he did for us. I wish him well and hope he has made it as an artist.

How am I to forget Uncle Maniam, who rendered 6 months of free service as a despatch clerk in 2001, when Muhendaran Sri was still being in its infant stage. Or Uncle Chandran, who until today makes sure that our accounts are maintained well, and even refers clients to us.

Her contribution may not be significant, but Suzi makes sure our firm is kept clean.

There's one character who came into the picture in July 2003 - Gitanjali Muhendaran, who practically grew up in the office, and terrorised all our staff (and still does so until today, but not on such a regular basis)- for a reference check, please call the office and speak to Valli and Shanmugam.

We have always been a fun-loving firm - but we work very hard, and  always do our best for our clients. Even when our opponents may sometimes be our friends, our client's interests will never be compromised.

OK folks, that's all for tonight. Wait for my next post!

Comments

pramo said…
Thank you Bossman for the compliments. I truly value your opinion. I have great and happy memories with your firm.
shakila said…
oh no....Why there is no mention about the two diligent workers (child labour...... crime lo!!!!) who toiled for u all . you guys never used to pay them salary and just buy food and give them for all their haaard work
muhendaran said…
on the contrary and to put the record straight, it would have been cheaper to pay them, rather than feed them...

Popular Posts