Cattle & Prosecutions

In the first 20 days of this year, I have been repeatedly asked about 2 issues by clients, friends and acquaintances.

 First, my views on Anwar's case: to which I always answer - please ask the doctors in this country and they will give you the answer, that we are laughing stocks in the eyes of the  international public. Doctors will tell you the prosecution started with no case against Anwar. My question to the government or to the AG's chambers is,  in monetary terms, how much was spent in conducting this prosecution against him? Was it worth the time, effort and money? To me, even without using my little knowledge of the law, there is no case against Anwar. I am of the view that the Govt and the AG's Chambers should be made accountable for all failed prosecutions. Accountability to me is a step forward to discourage unnecessary prosecutions and the waste of public money.

Secondly, my views on the subject of the cattle, goats and lambs in this country. Allegations have been raised against family members of a member of the Bar pertaining to the misuse of a govt grant of RM250 million. My question is, what's wrong with that? Isn't part of our national culture? After all the family has been accussed of using govt funds to buy condominiums, go on holidays, and pay their credit card bills. Why just pick on this particular family? We should read the Auditor-General's report for the last few years, to learn how well our money has been utilised.  I don't know la. Maybe  this particular family has been used as sacrificial lambs, sorry, cattle, to cover  up for the bigger spenders. I am saddened that there is a sudden cry that our leaders should now declare their assets. What about their nominees? Do they declare their assets too?

I'm just thinking aloud. Maybe its time all of us started thinking aloud.

Comments

shakila said…
Nazri said it is dangerous for them to declare their assets in public and they should only do so to the Prime Minister. As usual,Nazri always makes lot of sense because public would go berserk and might harm them if they get to know their enormous assets but for the prime minister it would be nothing considering his assets.

Popular Posts