guess what i did today?

I decided to top up my Amanah Saham Wawasan 2020 account since there was an announcement that they are opening it up today. Big big ads in the papers the last couple of days. i usually am quite tardy, but got my act together today and turned up at the rhb bank at bangsar shopping center 15 minutes before they opened (they open at 10am). there was already a queue of maybe 13 other people outside the bank, and we happily waited together.

an officer from the bank was there handing out forms for the ASW2020 shares. The bank opened promptly an 10, and the nice officer outside directed people who wanted to buy ASW2020 shares to 2 counters that had been specifically designated for AS. I was the 2nd in line at my counter, and waited patiently whilst the officer dealt with the customer in front of me. After half an hour the customer in front of me had still not finished his transaction. Bank officers were walking around with worried looks, and the officer in charge of my counter was looking perplexed. He then told us he could not register the transaction with the first customer because the system was down, and was down all over the country. Not just in this particular branch. Both the counters had not done any business or sold any shares.

The officer went off to check on the system, and came back and told us that the shares had been sold out!!! Imagine that. Sold out before they hit the counters. Sold out on the first day they opened, before the counters opened for selling.

i can't really express how wonderful it felt at that moment to think that this could only happen in my glorious country. Yes indeed. I am proud to be a Malaysian.

Dare say you are too.

Comments

Popular Posts