World Cup Part II

Ghana beat the US 2-1 last night - and kavi cleaned up good around here.

she made sixty bucks, and as penance bought us all chicken rice for lunch. as further penance, she also got us rojak and swiss rolls for tea... and so the massacre continues... but at least we're getting lunch and rojak out of it right... so it's like you get killed, but then you get to eat after that....

gitanjali's in the office today - but just now sleeping the slumber of babes - it's like the proverbial calm after the storm. suddenly there's a hush, and all you can hear are the click clacks of the computer keyboards...


as usual it's 4pm and the cries for tea have already begun here... i wonder how life is like in normal offices. does the same amount of eating going on? sometimes i feel like we're shouldering the huge burden of financing the surrounding restaurants all by ourselves. why are you all not eating like this as well?


forgot to mention it here before, but madhavi has given us her notice of resignation, so she's leaving by the end of august. it's back to interviews again. did i mention that shanti escaped at the end of may? well she did. so that puts us 2 down, but then we have shan, so we're 1 up. i guess the score here is also 2-1 hey? we've posted the usual notices up, and today mehala and kavi went in for their inaugural interview with a prospective clerk... they interviewed her for twenty minutes, and came back with all sorts of comments, but forgot to ask her how she fared in her spm/o'levels...

perhaps nuttiness is contagious? it really feels that way around here sometimes. just as absent mindedness is contagious. all our personnel come in with their memories intact, but lose it progressively with every month of continued employment with us. it's sort of like that book - the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind. you could join our office, and then eventually leave it with a spotless mind - mind you , you would probably be leaving us at least 7kg heavier, but nevertheless, with the uncanny ability to not remember anything at all, save what you ate for breakfast, lunch, tea and ice-cream break (yes we have had to invent this break over here - otherwise what would we tell our clients, when they call and none of us can deal with them?) also durian breaks.

which reminds me that i also forgot to mention, that the whole office (save myself) went off for a durian break yesterday after lunch. would you believe it? they had lunch first - all of them, then went and stuffed themselves with durians...

anyway, so we have a vacancy. please apply if you can speak english, are not scared of cockroaches (a very important skill) and have an appetite. No experience is necessary.

Comments

Anonymous said…
After reading your blog, I feel your office is the right place for me to work in. I would like to apply for the job of clerk. I hope your organisation does not have any biasness towards a particular gender. I am a male. I am a hard worker - very dedicated, strong and loyal. I have been told I normally perform the work of 10 people with ease. I seldom speak except for the occasional grunts and snorts since I am so busy working. I am capable of swinging from one activity to another with complete ease - in fact I am a natural at that. I love working with women since they feel comfortable and secure with me around.

I have a huge appetite which makes me an ideal candidate. Love eating. I am fond of anything made of bananas. And vegetables - just live without them. And the occasional meat but only when I am in a bad mood.

I am sure you will me give due consideration and accept me as your new staff member. I have included my picture so that you know what I look like. Don't mean to brag that I have told I am quite good looking and have this special animal magnetism. Judge for yourself please. I am a little hairy but if required I will gladly shave. I've provided a link to my image below.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005JO1Y.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg


Thank you.

Sincerely

KK

Popular Posts