World Cup Part I

we've got a bad case of world cup fever in the office. WORLD CUP!!! Yaaayy!!! or at least that's what it feels like here most days. we have football discussions all day - and there's no telling when it might be sprung on you...

it's also v. stressful coming in in the mornings, as i have to first mug up on my football knowledge - kavi ambushes me at some point in the day to place my bets - she can give you half balls all okay? don't play play...

what do i hear? you don't know what half a ball is? you poor sod. just don't step into my office ok. before you know it, you would have bet her that japan would beat germany 2-0 and given kavi 1 1/2 balls to boot. also there's a pool for the finals - but it's too late for you to get any action there joe - the bettings closed on the 15th... you've luckily escaped that, but the daily matches are another ball game all together... i just nod my head, and then pay up the next day...

so anyway, just be careful when you come in here ok... you might be safe if you bring in some food when you come...

Comments

Popular Posts