'Mountain fever'

My debut article, I had imagined would be an amazing one - worthy of a pulitzer, but the excitement in the office has infected me. I have heard of people who get 'cabin fever' when kept in close confinement; but to have 'mountain fever' even before scaling the heights - I must say is quite infectious. I could never do anything so athletic, but being part of the preparations itself is seemingly exhausting. The CLIMB is next week, but the expectations are already high. I know that besides looking out for flora and fauna and the persistent mosquitoes, the climbers will have fun and eat in exotic kitchens. Now I definitely left out - all that different flavours!
Well next week, it will just us minions in the office. Holding the fort and flying the flag. But then hopefully, Mehala will be back and there'll be so much catching up to do and the baby's promised photographs.
This is a great office to be a part of. The feeling of belonging and caring is wonderful. MS asked me whether I am learning anything. I am touched that he (despite telling me he is no teacher) wants to know that I am being an all rounder. Sri is what every office needs - caring, practical, funny, warm, lovable, generous and totally selfless. Maybe I can have her cloned and make big money.
Kgs's heart is in the right place. Never says no to sharing 'trade secrets'. Makes me feel 30 years younger when I am on the carpet by her. Good feeling that there are some things which comes from learning and not from age.
For me, Shan, Mathavi and Shanti fill up all the corners that make this office a real place. Gitanjali - I am already in love with her, so no need for words to describe what she makes me feel.

Popular Posts