office trip, chicken pox and sri

Had a spontaneous office trip yesterday. Left at 5pm sharp, took shortcut thru UM, and ended up at Times Warehouse sale by 5.30pm. Shan’s “de man” to go to PJ with. He knows all the shortcuts. He tut-tutted and groaned all the way b’cos of Kavi’s driving…imagine having him as an older brother!!! I don’t think so…

We all bought books. Here’s the tally - I bought 2 books, something called the “Great fire” (I think) and something else called Booty Nomad (which looked hilarious). Kavi bought Tuesdays with Morrie, a cooking book, and another book, Mae bought a Jeffrey Archer, and a Judith McNaught (probably needs some light reading to alleviate wedding stress). Shan bought some vcds. All of us are hugely intellectual obviously. U can just tell, I know…

After that, we all felt that a spot of dinner would be best to ease the strain on our brains, so the office trip proceeded to Teapot café. Here’s the tally – we had 2 mini chicken pies, crème caramel, apple pie with vanilla ice-cream, the lamb casserole and the hot chicken salad. A bit much do you think? Can u ever have too much food? I don’t think so. It doesn’t look like it is a possible eventuality in the Muhendaran Sri galaxy.

Oooh shall forget my own head next. Diagnosed madhavi with chicken pox and sent her off at lunch. Shall not see her for the next 2 weeks I guess. Luckily we have shan. He has been officially crowned “acting receptionist”. It’s a tough job (chorus after me now, “but somebody’s got to do it”), and the rest of us have passed the buck to shan…must say its nice to have a guy receptionising for us…he does everything we say without complaint, and efficiently.

Am wearing new earrings (from bali), and new ring (from bali). Think I have no choice but to unbraid my hair today. ‘tis itchy and scratchy, like that cartoon on the simpsons.
Guna has sent us flowers for winning his case. Did I tell u that he thinks I look like sneha and saroja devi put together? Yup. He does. Mehala and kavi don’t like it, but it’s the truth. U can ask him…(they’re just jealous).

Anyway have to go and write some rude letters now. Very lawyerly and all. Catch u later alligator.

Posted by sri.

Comments

Popular Posts